Warrior Sailing Returns to San Diego
“I’ve been fortunate enough to have attended other types of camps out there. but I have to say this is by far the most fun best instructed and coached and facilitated one I’ve been to.”
2019 marks the fifth consecutive year for San Diego Yacht Club, alongside the entire San Diego sailing community, to host Warrior Sailing Basic for one of our Nationwide Training camps. Our host hotel Humphrey’s, and its close proximity to the San Diego Yacht club, made for a perfect location for the 21 new warrior sailors. Our Basic Training hosts new sailors with the support of some amazing coaches (one coach per boat onboard with three warriors). Some of the participants had some sailing experience, but the majority had never experienced the power of sailing. The camaraderie amongst the group in 2019 began at the welcome dinner on Monday night and extended through the three days of on-water training. San Diego never fails, with sunshine and breeze each day to test the sailors. The club facilities are amazing and our continued outreach into the San Diego community shows how much sailing can give back.
We want to welcome the 21 new sailors to the Warrior Sailing family. We hope to connect you with our outreach network and the entire sailing community! Get out and go sailing, use the skills you have developed, and connect with all of your fellow veterans and coaches. Thank you for trusting us and getting out there with such an amazing attitude!
A Special Thank You to:
- San Diego Yacht Club
- Southwestern Yacht Club
- Ed and Nancy Lazarski – You are the true heartbeat of our connections locally with the club and the supporters. You have been there since day one in San Diego and always deliver when we need you! Thank you.
- Pete Whitby – Chair of the special event at the club. Your help on and off the water makes our camp in San Diego successful.
- Fiddler’s Green restaurant – Welcome dinner on Monday night.
- Point Break – Breakfast with a smile each morning (Thank you Nancy and Ed for paying for breakfast!).
- ASYMCA – The Armed Services YMCA grants us funds to make this camp possible. Thank you for your yearly and continued support of wounded, ill, or injured veterans of the San Diego area.
- Humphrey’s on the Bay Resort – Our host hotel.
- Everyone else who made this event a great success – we couldn’t do it without you!